Beth Israel Lahey Health, PRN
Welcome to Lahey Health at Home, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Our team provides high-quality home care and hospice services by partnering with physicians, hospitals and skilled nursing facilities to provide specialized care to patients in the comfort of their own home. Our team of nurses, therapists (physical, occupational, and speech), medical social workers, and home health aides work together to devise and implement a compassionate care plan that is expressly tailored for each patient.
About the Job
The Wound Care Nurse Specialist is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience and will provide an expert level of skill and demonstrates advanced knowledge of wound evidence based practice. This position is responsible for promoting evidence based wound care that meets established CWOCN guidelines and other research based standards of practice. As an integral member of the patient care team, this position will oversee the wound program and collaborate with case managers and wound specialty nurses on the progress of wound treatments and plans of care. This positon works collaboratively with the clinical and education management teams to identify develop, and deliver wound, skin, and ostomy related education. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities in accordance with home care regulations and payer guidelines.
Full time, 40 hour per week, day position
- Registered Nurse from a Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing strongly preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of Massachusetts.
- Holds a current CWCN or WOCN certification
- Maintains a current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR certification
- Minimum of two years recent clinical experience with prior home care experience preferred.
- OASIS experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a wound care lead position preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent observation and problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Advanced and current knowledge in wound care evaluation and treatment plan development.
- Ability to consult and educate clinicians, patients/caregivers in best practice for wound care.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills; essential computer skills to work with EMR.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Shows strong ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
Benefits offered for any position with over 20 scheduled standard hours:
- Voluntary Insurance choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Auto and Home, and Pet Insurance available
- Lahey Outpatient Pharmacy Benefits
- Paid Time Off or (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for 20 hours or more per week after 1 year of continuous benefits emp
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.